Thursday, April 28, 2011

My latest discovery.

I know, only been a few days, but a lot can happen in those few days! I'm still hovering around that 15ish pounds lost mark. But feel GREAT!! I am having loads of fun and learning a thing or two along the way. I've had a couple people reach out to me privately about their own struggles and debates with weight loss surgery. I am so happy you've shared your own struggles with me. I hope through my journey, I can help others who are also struggling. Weight struggles can determine everything about your daily life and routine and it's unbelievable. It consumes your life. I want to help in any way I can and maybe even follow friends who are considering surgery on their own weight loss journey!


I attended my 3rd support group on Monday. What a great group of people. I really enjoy these meetings. I have sat with the same couple every week I have gone. This week they walked in, saw me and immediately asked how I was doing and how everything was going. I couldn't have felt better. Here are these people who have met me twice and yet I really feel like they care. We have been through the same thing. It's so easy to talk those that have been there, done that. It was nice. It was a productive meeting. Lots of newbies and lots of good conversation. I was super happy walking away from group that night.


Tuesday, well now, there was another day. I had a rough one. Now I am sure this happens to many at some point, but I was so upset with myself... Molly and I were shopping at BuyBuy Baby and I always let her stand in the cart. I am always next to her. Many times with a hand on her or through a belt loop or something. I really am super conscious about how dangerous this is. But I turned a corner and something caught my eye:

I reached for it,turned to put it in the cart and she was already over the front of the cart. SLLOOOWWW motion as I can't grab her and she flips onto her head and fall on to her back and just wails. For those of you that have heard that wail, now think deeper. She actually had a deep screaming quality to this cry. She was petrified. I snatched her up and we went to the glider rocker section and rocked for more than twenty minutes. Talk about feeling awful. So further my day, I had a really nasty night at work, between customers and WWIII at work it was just miserable. For the first time in a long time, I came home and vented to my darling husband. He tried to make me feel better. But here's what I saw: My husband standing in front of me, eating dessert breadstix from Donatos, a half of a large pizza still sitting on the stove and regular breadstix next to that. I was OK. Until I was done venting. Then it was just like my world crashed in around me. I wanted ALL that food and I wanted it NOW. I spun on my husband and was just so upset. "ARE YOU DONE WITH THIS PIZZA? IF YOU'RE DONE IT NEEDS TO BE OFF THIS COUNTER OR I WILL TAKE IT OFF THIS COUNTER! " It was ugly to say the least. I realized then that I am a stress eater. Holy cow. I didn't realize how much of a stress eater I was until all of that came over me. It was bad. But now I know. I mean I REALLY know and hope that I can take this lesson forward and make it work for me instead of against me as it has for so many years. :)


This and the picture above are my latest tools in my journey. The little carrying case I had around my house. I used it to carry bottles and jars of food from place to place when Molly was just a little one. It just happened to be sitting in the corner of my kitchen, caught my eye, and I thought DUH! What an easy way to keep my food and shakes cool when I am in transit. Then I bought the little pods because they are reusable and easy to put in said carrying container. :) The round once don't fit as nicely. They all work, don't get me wrong. I am sure I will find more uses for this stuff in the future anyways!




I am super happy as I sit here typing this out. Why? I am eating a hard boiled egg. Ahhh. Heaven. My first in a long time and it's delicious. Seriously it's amazing how much you actually TASTE when you can only eat an ounce or two!! So long for now folks! Hope the weekend treats you right!

No comments: