Wednesday, May 4, 2011

30 Days Post-Op

Today, 5/4/11, is officially my 30 day mark. I followed up with the ever so handsome Dr Chris Evanson today. It should be outlawed to have a bariatric surgeon with his good looks. The man walks into my room with these white pants on with a light green long sleeved shirt. He has a slightly unkempt look to him that is just HOT. Seriously, this dude has seen me naked. I really find this unfair. But anyways, he tells me that officially I have lost TWENTY-SIX pounds!! HALLELUJAH! How exciting is this! I couldn't believe it. He also tells me that he thinks I look great and he can already see a difference. He looks forward to seeing me again and that by my next appointment (in 3 months) I should be below 200 pounds. Just in awe of this man. I left on cloud 9 completely forgetting to ask all the questions I had.

He did answer one question for me that I didn't even ask. I have been having problems tolerating my new food plan. Basically it just means that I am not tolerating solid foods very well. He told me today that he makes all of his pouches extra small. This means that while the food plans say that with each meal I am to eat TWO ounces of food, I have to cut that number in half from here on out. WOW. THAT EXPLAINS A LOT! No wonder I was having so much pain when I was done eating! So now that I know this, I expect that this will be so much easier! Dr Evanson said he does this because it actually lead to better success in the long term. The pouch will only stretch to 4 ounces or so versus the 7 ounces a slightly bigger pouch will stretch to. I can deal. I am still so super happy about my success to date. I am thrilled with my choice of doctors and I love all the support I've surrounded myself with. I plan to get a picture tonight so I have my official 30 post op pic. I will post it soon too!

1 comment:

asj said...

Congrats! One of my best friends had gastric bypass done a little over a year ago and watching her success over the past year has been so inspirational. I know it's tough but trust me, it will pay off!

Excited to follow along!