Monday, April 18, 2011

Another Peak


This will be more about pictures I suppose than anything else. I am two weeks post surgery as of today 4/18/11. YAY!! Super excited to be here. I did call my doctor today though. I was concerned about some pain that I am still having in 1 (of 6) incision sites. I couldn't sit up in bed if my life depended on it. Well maybe if my life depended on it, but you get the idea; it HURTS! Since the other 5 incisions have all but healed I just couldn't believe that this was a good thing. Turns out, it's normal. I know that this incision site is where all the work was done and it just depends on how much prodding and maneuvering that was done as to how much pain is felt. They said to stay on my pain meds (SWEET) and to relax! OK doc. You're the boss.


I have lost a little over ten pounds to date. Not bad. I'm sure that two weeks post op my body is still healing and reeling from everything that has happened to date. I can't wait to see more fall off. I am already feeling great.


4/4/11 Morning of surgery
I have two more weeks of "pudding like" food. This just means that anything I eat must be the consistency of pudding. It's not too bad. I prepare everything in advance so I can just pull what I need for the day out of the fridge. I eat two ounces (4 tablespoonsful) of food at each meal. I rarely ever feel hunger of any kind. It's strange but nice. I have to remind myself to eat every meal.

This is a picture of my meals. These are 2 ounce containers. I fill them with 1 ounce (2 tablespoonsful) of food and choose two for each meal. This will be enough for me to eat 25 meals or for at least 8 days. That's if I choose to eat these for every meal. Some things I make on the spot (oatmeal mainly). These containers have refried beans, two kinds of potatoes, chocolate and vanilla pudding, applesauce, yogurt, and jell-o in them. I am getting used to my new way of eating. And amazingly enough, everything tastes wonderful. I guess it's because I eat so little! In two weeks, I move on to pureed food. Looking forward to that because then I can start back up on meat. Right now my primary source of protein comes from a protein shake of some kind. I mainly use a product called Unjury. It's unflavored so I can mix it with almost anything. I have to have at least 4 scoops of that per day though.


Hmm...I guess that's all for now. I will keep updating though! OK so I guess it was more than just pictures! ;)

No comments: