Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seth, The Big Brother

So I always post these pictures of Seth kissing, hugging or just giving something to Molly. I really don't encourage this, ask him to do this or anything like that. He just does it. He asks for her when he gets up and he watches her while she sleeps. He is just so funny.

With that as my preface:

This morning, Seth awoke before Molly. When Molly woke up, I told Seth I had to go get her ready for the day and would be upstairs. Soon after, I hear Seth pounding up the stairs. He comes into the room and asks for Molly. She was still quietly lying in bed and that's what I told him. He motioned to the bed so I picked him up to show him where she was. He wanted to get in the bed so I let him.


I moved Molly a little to one side and let Seth play. I hear him turn her glowworm on, and I hear him talking to her. Nothing new or crazy. I look in and he is lying next to her and talking to her and she is intently watching him.

He then stands up and sees a book on the floor and asks for it. I give it to him and he says to me "I read to Molly" in his little Seth voice. This is the VERY FIRST SENTENCE I have ever heard Seth speak and readily understood it. I about fell over! It was just so cute. I wish that I had grabbed my camcorder instead of my camera, but I still got some cute pictures of the two of them! I think that Molly couldn't ask for a better big brother!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I just loved this story. Those are beautiful pictures. I hope you and the baby are well and that Molly is feeling 100% again.

XO - Suzy & Claire